In the third season of American Horror Story, the show tackles the topic of witches, and executes their new macabre category with terror, well-timed humor, and a comforting playfulness that encompasses the feel of the Halloween season. A coven of young witches gather at a house in New Orleans to explore their powers and be around others like them. Leading the house is Cordelia Foxx (Sarah Paulson), along with her uninvited mother Fiona, played by the ever-impressive Jessica Lange, who really sets the sleek, yet fun tone of the show. Each of the women try to raise the girls in their own way, often hashing out their domestic problems when debating about how best to guide the gifted young women. The results of their efforts are immensely amusing, and the acting, combined with the daring camera work, combine to create a unique flow for a television show, and an exciting modern interpretation of magic. Each week is so exciting, who wouldn’t want to celebrate? Below, I’ve listed a few drinking rules for your weekly watching parties! Use as many or as few rules as you like, and please drink responsibly! Enjoy!
Drink every time…
1. Someone says “witch”.
2. Fiona mentions her age, aging, youth, etc.
3. Addie hears someone’s thoughts.
4. Someone dies.
5. Someone uses telekinesis.
6. Queenie and Madison fight.
7. A dead person comes back to life.
8. Stevie Nicks is played.
9. Madame LaLaurie complains about living in modern day.
10. Zoe cries.
11. Madison insults someone.
12. Someone says “supreme”.
13. Cordelia fights with her mother, Fiona.
14. A flashback occurs.
15. Queenie uses herself as a human voodoo doll to hurt someone else.
16. Someone smokes a cigarette.